Monday, August 30, 2010

first blog ever

I thought blogs were online journals, so I never wrote one since I like my privacy. I never thought of it as a learning tool. I'm looking forward to the new knowlege I will gain by blogging. It seems to be an effective tool for interacting with students in a classroom setting. The students are communicating, typing, getting more net savvy, and hopefully having a bit of fun too! If I can get a child to be excited about writing by simply allowing them to blog then it's well worth it.

3 comments:

  1. I have never written a blog either! I also really enjoy my privacy and I have never felt like writing for other people. I hope we both are able to overcome our fears of writing for others!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy reading others blog, but not creating one myself. I found it to also to be an invasion of privacy and forever readable! Well, I hope to use blogging in the classroom as a open diary not intended to be so personal : ) I think many have similar fears with online writing, but its like learning to ride a bike: you might fall a couple times, but you do get back up to enjoy the rest of the ride.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "If I can get a child to be excited about writing by simply allowing them to blog then it's well worth it."

    I have a feeling that kids who would be interested in blogging probably already have some kind of "voice" through media (e.g. texting, Facebook, etc) -- it seems many kids I know are already excited about "writing" in this way. I'm curious how their excitement translates into insights into the material they were discussing via their blogs.

    ReplyDelete