Monday, October 11, 2010

conference and MGRP

I’ve come to find that Wednesdays are writing conference days in my field placement classroom. This is a great thing, because I will continually get practice to perfect my conferencing skills. This week I worked with another two students. Both were Asian boys. Both seemed very confident in their reading to me of the story. There handwriting was nice and pictures elaborate. They seem to have written more than the students I had last week. Even though they wrote more and were more descriptive, I still found ways they could improve their pieces. I praised them for what they did do well and then moved on to possible sentences they could include using senses. One seemed eager to add more description and the other seemed reluctant, but did add one insert about how the cold made his legs stiff. I wasn’t sure if I should have pushed him to do more. His story was great and wasn’t in need of gobs more, but I felt I was blowing his confidence by saying much. He seemed to know he was a good writer.

In regards to the multi-genre research paper, I have been quite involved with my sources. Some I’ve found to be a little outside of my topic and I had to find others to supplement the originals. I have focused on what I need from the valuable sources I’ve found and pulled out all that I can to make my paper more accurate and interesting. It has been a pleasure reading many of the journals concerned with my particular topic. I’m looking forward to continue my work to make it the most informative and compelling that it can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment